Many hazards exist in warehouses, ranging from the safe use of racking, use and movement of fork lift trucks and other powered handling aids, work at height in maintenance operations, lighting and heating, docking and movement of delivery vehicles, re-fuelling or charging fork trucks etc. With proper planning, supervision, management, equipment, training and inspection, the likelihood of accidents, injuries, damage to stock and downtime can be significantly reduced, and the effects minimised.
de Silva Safety Services can assist in the management of these hazards by, for example
- Assisting in the design of the warehouse
- Considering the means of stock movements and packaging
- Assessing lighting and heating needs
- Delivering workplace safety training
- Developing policies and procedures
- Undertaking risk assessments