Just because there are no ‘nasty chemicals’ or ‘dangerous factory machines’ in the typical office environment, it does not mean that serious (and fatal) accidents and causes of ill-health cannot occur.
Hazards such as electricity, fire, ‘Slips, Trips and Falls’, workstations, working with computer systems, and manual handling are all commonly found in an office. Additionally there may be boiler systems, air conditioning systems and asbestos present.
de Silva Safety Services can assist in the management of these hazards, for example :
- Reviewing an organisation’s compliance with relevant legislation.
- Carrying out the various hazard specific assessments, such as
- First aid
- Computer workstations (DSE)
- Manual handling
- Arranging for electrical inspections of the installed supply and of portable electrical equipment.
- Writing Policy documents and Safety Handbooks.
- Discussing issues with management and safety committees.